SBC

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Will you see it thru?

For as long as I can remember, I've been an encourager. Someone that prods others to keep going using whatever means is necessary. I'm a firm believer in positive praise, however, I have been known to tell a little "fib" if I know it will work! lol.

When I was a boy, I loved being a part of sports teams. You name the sport, I played it. For whatever reason(s), I was often forced to quit. I can recall very few times I was allowed to finish a season. Probably the most painful was during my 10th grade year in high school. I had a pretty good Track season going and was really starting to bloom as a distance runner. As we prepared for the upcoming District meet, I found myself as the number two seed in the 3200M run. The #1 guy was pretty good and it would take a special game plan for me to beat him. My coach and I came up with a plan and we practiced it so well that I knew I could do it. Day of the meet, I wasn't allowed to go. Crushing. Season over!

I guess that is why being an encourager is so important to me. Sure quitting sometimes is a necessity, however, should be avoided at all costs. Every time you quit, it makes it easier for it to become a habit.

Do you struggle with this? Have you ever figured out why you quit? Often it can be as simple as not having support or a plan in place. If this is the case, find a support group and learn to become an encourager.

www.coachtomgriffith.com


No comments:

Post a Comment