SBC

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Back on track

Every Tuesday, I lead a group of local runners and triathletes in a "quality" workout session. Today, I jumped in the workout! It marked the first time in (at least) three years that I've done this type of workout. While my running fitness leaves a lot to be desired, I am happy to have made it thru the workout and with no pain.

It was funny to see the expressions on the faces of some of our newer runners when I arrived at the track in running attire. "Going to run today, Coach," one of the guys asked me. He has been coming for the last six weeks and, to him, I am just "Coach". In fact, since I have been leading these weekly sessions, that's all everyone knows me as. Most know that I had a decent running career back in the day, but mostly I am just the guy that provides the workout.

Since my multiple knee surgeries in 2012, my run training has been hit and miss. Since the beginning of this year, I have been able to piece together large chucks of training and even ran a half marathon in April. My wife, Natalie, and I have another half planned for early November so I need to get some miles on my legs before our training begins in late August. Also, I am helping her train for a Fit & Fabulous Mom event so we are using run training in our plan.

Will see how I feel tomorrow. Right now? I feel awesome!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/coachgriffsbc

No comments:

Post a Comment