SBC

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Are you a dreamer?

When my wife, Natalie, and I got together, she would often ask me about my dreams. What did I want to do? Where did I want to go? Where did I see myself living later in life? All viable questions, however, none that I could answer. I recall telling her that my only dream was to educate my children. Honorable? Yes, but what about me?

Growing up with very little and without much of a foundation drove me to do better for my children. When it was time for me to choose a college, I had no one to turn to. No one to help me with the process. I simply chose the school that offered me the most scholarship money. Ended up being a poor decision and I was out of school by the end of the first semester and never to return.

Towards the end of 2013, something clicked inside of me. Suddenly, I started thinking about bettering myself; bettering my financial situation. I explored business opportunities with due diligence. This was so unlike me. When I found the perfect fit for me, I went to work. Success came quickly and is continuing now. What caused this?

I started to dream! I began thinking about the future and didn't like where I would be over the next 10-12 years. What did I want to do? I would love to travel more. Where did I want to go? Wherever I wanted because I have no restraints. Where do I see myself living later in life? I heard South Florida was nice!

www.coachtomgriffith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment