SBC

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What is your gift?

I'm convinced everyone has a gift. What is yours? Are you an amazing athlete or unbelievable cook? Maybe you have musical talent or a sense of humor that leaves everyone in stitches? Whatever it is, embrace it.

Sadly, some go through life and never tap into their gift. Sadder yet, they may not even know what it is! What a travesty this would be. To have something wonderful inside of you and the world never receives it.

I feel blessed to have tapped into mine so early in my life. At the age of 19, someone asked me to coach them and I said "yes". 30 years later and the beat goes on. While moving some old boxes today, I was reminded of how fortunate I have been. Awards are nice, however, I'll take a handwritten note from a former athlete any day. Although I have "retired" from one aspect of coaching, the evolution into another form is still taking place.

I cannot imagine where I would be today had that day 30 years ago not taken place. It's scary just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment